Our Work Frequently Asked Questions
- The Wildseeds Grants Program will open February 1, 2024
- Applications close March 15
- Our Grant Advisory Committee completes an extensive review by mid-May
- Announcements are made by end of May or early June
In addition to the Eligibility Criteria we list on the website, we look for the following criteria when evaluating each request:
- Does the project/initiatives directly affect change within food and agricultural systems (e.g. land sovereignty, food security, inclusive economy, water and soil stewardship, climate justice, labor organizing, sustainable/regenerative/reindigenized practices and healing traditions)?
- Does the organization operate from a deeply shared understanding of structural and institutional racism in the food and farm system and actively work to advance racial equity and justice?
- Is the work of the organization and/or project movement building?
- Does the proposal align with our Fund’s core values?
The Core Grants program supports the following projects and activities, in no particular order of priority:
- Communications projects that build collective power and connection to and within the food and agricultural systems change movement
- Communications strategy planning
- Communications-based capacity development, e.g. training
- Implementing or upgrading communications infrastructure & tools
- Development of content or creative media and cultural organizing projects/initiatives
- Sourcing short-term communications staffing support or outside consulting
- Strategic narrative development, message framing, and integration
- Campaigns, movement building events, or experiences that use communications/media that build collective power and connection to and within the food and agricultural systems change movement
You can visit our Grantee Partners page to find additional project examples.
Yes, we do not resource the following projects:
- Academic research
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Discretionary or emergency requests
- Litigation or legal expenses
- Marketing or branding of for-profit corporation products or services